Saturday, November 19, 2011

Farmhouse Porch Chat


Please join Patrice and her wonderful weekly chat over at  Everyday Ruralty
Here are the current discussion questions and my answers:

Questions
1. Where would you take the blogger group for a chat, if they came to your house?
2. How do you handle "toxic people"? They're the ones  that are very difficult to be around and generally don't bring out the best in us.
3. In high school, were you the athlete, the cheerleader (actual or just your personality), the geek, the social butterfly, or lost?
4. What's your favorite thing made from apples?
5. Do you do most of your shopping in stores or online?

My Answers
1. I have a big back yard, with bird feeders and a birdbath that are usually very active. There is also Dewey's now well known special birdhouse. 
2. I have learned to distance myself from toxic people. While it is not easy, and can be even painful in some cases, sometimes it is all that you can do.
3. In high school, I was a "ROTC". This is its own group, as the ones mentioned are. In fact, I was second in command of our Battalion, of over 100 cadets. 
4. My favorite thing made from apples is apple cider, especially hot with a cinnamon stick!
5. I usually shop in stores. It's easier with returns, exchanges, etc. I tend to be particular too, so this way I feel more sure of my purchase.

Thanks, Patrice! Hugs and a carrot for you, Wendell!

4 comments:

  1. I find that toxic people should be taken into the backyard and put out everyone else's misery...what do you say? Want to join me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am right there with you, Friend!!
    ~xo~

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did I miss this post? I just saw you Sunday morning. I'm sorry for not
    stopping by earlier. Yikes! I'm with you on the apple cider.You're right about shopping in stores. You can be more certain of your purchase. I hope to see you on the "porch" next week for our chat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't see that you'd linked up until Sunday morning. Sorry. I try to visit everyone, each week. I'm with you on the apple cider. Yum! I want a cider press. I guess you're right about shopping and actually seeing the purchase before you get it.Online seems to save a lot of miles on my car and on me! Have a great upcoming week and a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your time & thoughts. Please leave your email address, or link it to your profile, so I can respond to you directly. Thank you!