Monday, May 23, 2011

A Thought

As I have gotten older I have come to many realizations. Age is where wisdom comes in, I believe. We should have something for all of the years of trial and error. Through it all I can honestly say that I have tried my best to be my best, for myself and my loved ones. I know I am not alone in this. When I read this little poem, I knew I had to share it.

I am only one, but I am one.
I cannot do everything, but I can
do something. And what I can do,
that I ought to do.
And what I ought to do,
I shall do.

              ~Edward Everett Hale~

5 comments:

  1. I am so happy that you visited my blog. In addition to three corgis, I also have two long-haired black cats. Quite a busy household for me. I too love to read and will looking forward to your recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sharon! You met Grizelda & Chloe, my two black cats? Grizelda is long-haired, Chloe is short-haired. They are polar opposites, and so much fun! I love books and critters! So happy to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that McGuffy Ann,

    "We should have something for all the years of trial and error".

    This means I should be very rich in wisdom by now :)

    carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! Happy to have you here!!

    ReplyDelete